Saturday 26 May 2012

McBron

My avid study of June InStyle magazine has revealed this little number.  Which is soooooo Bron.  I see it in the McLennan tartan.
Some gratuitous Autumn shots.

This is actually a shadow, or the reflection of a shadow, or something.  I noticed it while having a quiet mulled red in the back garden.  The changes were mesmerising, snakelike.

And in other, totally unrelated, news just met a friend in the supermarket.  He's a frequent traveller to China.  This time he travelled northern China, Mongolia and Arctic Russia.  He described standing knee-deep in a lake late at night in the Arctic Circle.  He said there were stars everywhere and it felt like floating in space.  He also saw the Northern Lights.  I asked him about wolves.  He said wolves followed him each day but left him alone.  He travels alone.

3 comments:

  1. The dress reminds me of the trousers that Mum made me from a tartan skirt, at my request. That woman could work magic with a piece of fabric and a few sewing aids. I wore them to school on the 8th of March in year 9 or 10 and felt fabulous. I do not recall non-uniform days being a regular feature of our school life, but I recall little on many topics now!
    I like the red tartan. The McLennan tartan or whatever purports to be such in images which I have seen, has a predominant blue hue. Scarlet is more my style!
    I am flattered to be shown, what appears to be a size 6 dress. My neural connectivity may be diminishing, but alas, not my dress size. I do love dresses though and for that particular article of attire, I might be encouraged to garden more, drink less and wait for the return of youth.
    We all travel alone, between glorious interludes of companionship (with wolves or other worthies).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly not a dress the faint hearted could pull off. So intrigued by that last photo- can't for the life of me work out the perspective. But i do love photos of shadow and reflection.

    Your new friend sounds very interesting. I would have thought that you get to see a fair amount of stars in outback Aus. I certainly notice the difference in the night sky between CT and VT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love that dress!! Lovely design on the shoulder, has given me ideas.... The colour of those grape leaves is lovely, real Autumn.

    ReplyDelete